Sunday, March 4, 2012

"I Love Both Men"

When you get married...exactly WHEN does your husband start showing his real self? I mean...I can honestly say that my husband is NOT the man I married. Don't get me wrong, I still love him, and, I'm still in love with him,but like I said..he's a different man now.
I remember when we were dating....oh, he was so nice to me. He made sure I was happy. If I wanted something from the store...he left immediately to get it. If I wanted to eat somewhere...he took me. If I asked him to fix or hang up something....then he did it..immediately. The sex...the amazing sex. He wanted it 3 or 4 times a day. I even remember thinking to myself.."Gosh, I hope he won't always want it that much." Well, I jinxed myself. It went from 3 or 4 times a day to 3 or 4 times a month to 3 or 4 times every 6 months...etcetera,etcertera. To be fair to him though...he had a testosterone problem. His was extremely low. Still though, you don't have to have sex to be intimate. A kiss would have been nice every once in awhile. The last time we really kissed was about a month ago...his testosterone had an upwards spike for a couple of days and it was a really nice couple of days.
I believe that a husband and wife have to make time for eachother. They absolutely have to do that.
Women...listen to me....When you are making dinner and you ask your husband to run out and get some pepsi...and he says.."I'll just have milk" and you say.."Well I want pepsi" and he doesn't get up and go get it...The honeymoon is over and you are meeting your husband for the first time.... I met mine about 5 years ago...and I want the other one back...the one that would do anything for me...Where the hell did that man go? Every once in a while..I catch a glimpse of him. Usually it happens after we've had an argument and he sees that I'm especially upset. Mind you, the argument has to be somewhat serious in order for  me to reunite with the man I married.
I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea about my marriage. I am definitely with the man I was destined for. I know in my heart we are meant to be. He is a good man. He gets down on the floor and plays with our children, he makes sure to tell me he loves me before he goes to work and before we fall asleep, he changed diapers,warms up the car for me and (occasionally) he does the dishes. 
There are great attributes to both of the men I'm married to. The first was out to impress me and only showed his good side. The other is the man I'm comfortable peeing in front of. He's familiar and I know what to expect from him. And, he is just as comfortable with me.
So, in closing with my thoughts, I guess what I'm really saying is...."I love both men" I love the man he was and the man he is...I'd just like to see the first one more often. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment