Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What Chaos can do to a perfectly Great Day!!!

     I got up around 7a.m. as usual...with my baby Riley...She's usually the first up every morning so I made her oatmeal with honey and flax seed and some mashed up banannas. I usually run my 2.2 miles around 10a.m. but my sister and I were hosting a Summer Brunch  at 2p.m. so I decided to go running early. My niece has been staying with me since school let out (about 3 1/2 weeks) and she had been running every day with me. I woke her up and we did our run. When I got back...I jumped in the shower and got dressed. A couple girlfriends of mine were coming over around 10 to help me get everything ready for my Brunch.
    After my friends arrived things started getting done. We set up 1 big table in our backyard to put all the food and drinks on. Anne, one of my Besties, brought over some really cute table cloths to put over the tables we had borrowed from the fire dept. We set up 2 smaller tables with chairs all around for everyone to sit around. We had invited 23 people....not including children. We filled over 400 water balloons for all the kids to play with and set out sidewalk chalk and crayons and coloring books.
    Well, around 1:00p.m. I started brunch. I had already made the dough for the biscuits earlier in the day and I had cut the biscuits out with a glass. I had everything planned and ready to go...but.....Murphy's Law...huh? I hear my friend say, "Erica, I think one of the babies needs their diaper changed." About that time..I smelled it....as did everyone else too. I found the culprit...my 3 yr.old Autistic son, Micah.Actually...I smelled him before I saw him, but when I saw him, I nearly flipped. He was covered with poop...Head to Toe!! I grabbed him and took him to the bathroom, where I stripped him and gave him a bath. After, I dried and dressed him...then took him into the playroom. When I returned to the kitchen to finish up, my niece, Audrey comes in and says that there is poop all over the kitchen chairs and table. I go into the dining room and sure enough there is poop all over the top of the table and on 2 of my chairs. I had to have my friends take over in the kitchen while I cleaned crap up all over the dining room. It was ground into the carpet...and n all the crevices of my chairs. It took me a good 20 minutes to clean it all up...When I finished...I had to return to the kitchen and finish brunch.
    I had partially frozen OJ,Coke, and Mtn.Dew for the drinks. The last thing I had to do was make the chocolate gravy and regular sausage gravy....so I finished up with that  and just about that time the last of our guests arrived. 17 of the 23 guests showed up....but with all the kids...we ended up with 36 mouths to feed. Even though it was alot of work...we had a blast and Alicia and I have decided to start an annual Summer Brunch. We're gonna do it every year around the first day of summer. This year the first day of summer starts June 21st...We had it 1 day early because of conflicting schedules and Micah's Occupational therapy.
    On a more somber note....After our brunch was over.....there wasn't too many "friends" that stayed to help clean up...Haha. Actually, the same people that came over early to help set up....stayed to clean up...so, I can't complain...My niece helped out too....so I had about 5 people helping me clean up, and that was more than enough. I know I say it alot, but I really do have some of the greatest friends ever, and I thank God for them every night...without them, my kids wouldn't have much of an extended family. These people treat us like we've always been a part of their families. They never forget my kids birthdays, X-mas,Easter, school and sports functions, etc. They are good people...much better than the family I come from. ie: Most of my DNA family haven't even met my last 2 children. God made sure that I wouldn't do without and he has sent me the greatest family possible!! Every day is a GREAT day when I'm with my family!!  I love you all....and sissy...I'm so glad that you and I are close again....maybe even closer than we ever have been. I have sooooooooooooo much to be thankful for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment